Thursday 2 January 2014

'Pink Diamond'

So I've never owned an Essie Nail Polish ... okay I said it, glad I got that out of the way. Unbelievably this is true; my resolution for this year may be to try more of their products, I think that's one even I can definitely stick to.

So, for Christmas I was given my first Essie Nail Polish in the beautiful colour 'Pink Diamond' (the name really doesn't express how lovely this colour is though). It's only really been the last year I have started to enjoy wearing pink again (I've always thought it looked a bit babyish) but I think it really suits a pale skin tone like mine.

 
You can't fault how easy the application is and how long lasting it is; I painted my nails 4 days ago from the images and I've not got one chip - but I suppose paying £7.99 for a nail polish you should expect a long lasting product. I also am not a fan of painting my nails, so having a nail polish that makes it easier and quicker to do makes me much more inclined to re-do my nails / purchase more of Essie's products.
 
 
I love the shine this particular colour gives; it makes it look like they've been professionally done and resembles that of nail foils. This particular nail polish actually makes my hands and nails feel 'pretty', something that dark polishes sometimes can't do.
 
 
As I said above, £7.99 for a nail polish is in no way cheap, and I can't say that I would have purchased this myself, purely because I would rather have 3/4 cheaper ones, but I'm actually very happy I got this one; everything about it is perfect, the packaging, the brush, the colour, the wearability (I have no idea if that is a word, but it sounds good)... the list is endless. So I suppose you do get what you pay for. Let me know what other Essie colours you have that are just as beautiful - it's definitely not a brand you can impulse buy from!
 
 
 
Oh and finally TIBS (This Is Blog Standard) entered the 21st century and joined Google+ so please follow on Google Friend Connect if you are interested (please bear with me I have no idea how to use the thing - any tips would be much appreciated!)
 
Happy New Year and expect more outfits in 2014 from TIBS!
 
Love
Sarah
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nails. Love the color :)

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is gorgeous! I love Fiji and Lilacism

    daisy-drops.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete