Thursday 5 December 2013

'A Pink Dream'

Hi everyone,

So posts have been non-existent this week due to a lot of work (sorry!), but I thought I would just show you a few products I picked up a few weeks ago.

The first is the most amazing lip colour - the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Collection lipstick in 'Fuchsia Flash', which I believe is Mollie King from The Saturdays lipstick.

 

 
 
I was so impressed with not only the beautiful colour, but for a £7.19 lipstick the formula of this is really good, very similar to the Revlon Lip Butters which I am obssessed with. The image makes it look a bit washed out, but it is very bright in the flesh, so definitely not for the faint hearted! It lasts for a long time too - I only re-apply once a day after eating which is perfect. It's just one less thing to think about in the day!
 
 
 
The packaging again is very similar to the Revlon Lipbutters, but it is a little confusing, as the colour of the packaging is not the same as the colour of the lipstick - so make sure you check that first! Honestly, I can't sing the praises of this lipstick enough, so definitely try it if you get the chance - it's a lovely festive bright statement lip colour!
 
The next two products I brought (again '3 for 2' - why can't I resist a deal!) were two of their Color Show nail varnishes one in 'Fuchsia Fever' and the other in 'Iced Queen'. These are only £2.99, so I wasn't expecting much, but I was actually so surprised how good these were.

 
 
The gorgeous purple colour may not be to everyone's taste, but I think it looks lovely, and the image was just two coats of nail varnish; it dried pretty quickly and did not chip at all until I removed it nearly two weeks later - not even an exaggeration! So for £2.99 these would be perfect stocking fillers, and 3 for 2, you could give one to a friend and then keep two for yourself!
 
 
The second one is Iced Queen and it did need a few more coats than the other polish, but, again, for £2.99 you can't complain. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this as a good white nail polish, but if you need a cheap alternative this is pretty good!

I hope you enjoyed this little beauty review and I'm going to the Clothes Show this weekend so expect to see some photos!
 
Love

6 comments:

  1. I love the colour of this lipstick, such a bright shade of pink :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) yes I would definitely recommend it - you have to be very brave to wear it!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. I bought that lipstick a few months ago and I absolutely fell in love with it. It's such a great colour and formula - an absolute bargain! xx

    Gemma // DuggyDimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too I love it! Thanks for your comment!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  3. Love the lips!
    I also cant believe how close we are to each other, I am also from wolverhampton :)
    Have you seen my MAC Cosmetics Haul?
    Check it out at - www.lovefromsimmie.com

    Stay beautiful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha really - it's funny to think we've probably seen each other around somewhere!

      Keep in touch!
      Sarah x

      Delete