Tuesday 12 November 2013

'Candy Girl'

Hi everyone,
 
So I am huge fan of Sleek Makeup. I love their Rose Gold Blush (reviewed here) and a few of their other products and their prices are so reasonable it's so hard to find fault with anything they sell. I am also a huge fan of lipstick, so it's a bit ridiculous that I haven't tried any of their lip products yet.
 
So on my last trip to Superdrug, I went to the Sleek section and came across the most perfect baby pink colour I think I have ever seen. I introduce to you the Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Babydoll. What a perfect name and a perfect colour.
 
 
As always the packaging is lovely and simple, even displayed in a little box, so you know it hasn't been opened (one of my pet hates for buying drugstore beauty products!).
 
 
 
The lipstick itself claims to contain Vitamin E to "hydrate and protect lips" from "premature ageing" which I must admit is nothing I worry about as such at my age, but I suppose it's not a bad thing!
 
It's also a sheen lipstick, so it does have a slight glossy finish, but my trouble with this is although the colour looks lovely, it doesn't stay put very long, and this may sound weird, but it sort of looks like you've used paint for a lipstick ... it would make sense if you could see it!
 
Although this is a minor problem, if applied well and correctly it does show up the exact same colour as shown in the image above, and I had quite a few comments on it when I wore it for the first time. It does need to be regularly re-applied though otherwise it can disappear, but if you're willing to cope with that to have the most amazing lip colour then I would highly recommend it! If anyone has tried a really good Sleek lipstick then just let me know in the comments! (Sorry about the quality of the image but I hope you can see the colour!)
 
 
On the subject of lipsticks and lip colour, Elle Magazine are giving away a free Benefit Lipgloss with their December 2013 issue in the colours Coralista, Hoola and Dandelion. I picked up Dandelion and I am actually really impressed with it. I usually 100% prefer lipsticks to lipglosses but this one has a lovely texture and natural 'your lips but better' colour to it so I would recommend picking one up if you see Elle Magazine this month!
 
 
Thanks for reading and leave any comments or suggestions in the box below! Link for the lipstick is below and their lip products are on 3 for 2 at the moment at Superdrug!
 
Love
Sarah
 
Link: Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Babydoll - £4.99 - now 3 for 2 at Superdrug

17 comments:

  1. Sleek is quickly becoming one of my favourite make up ranges with their lovely shades, and this is no exception :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree 100%, the quality of their products is amazing including the price :) thanks commenting!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. That looks stunning, the quality of their products draws me in every time x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes the quality of all their products are amazing regardless of the price!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  3. Wow this is such a gorgeous colour. I really like it, just a shame it doesn't last long. Oh well I might have to get it anyways lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish it lasted all day! Haha :) that's exactly what I would do too!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  4. I love Sleek! xx

    http://liveyourhipsterlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently started to love Sleek make-up but have never bought their lipsticks!
    And thanks for letting us know about Elle's Benefit freebie- I will be picking that up for sure! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will be trying their matte lipsticks as I think they will be a better finish than the sheen ones! Thanks for your comment and no problem!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  6. I've recently started to love Sleek make-up but have yet to try a lipstick from them!
    And thanks for letting us know about Elle's Benefit freebie, I'll be picking that up for sure! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes well I would definitely recommend their matte ones, but this colour is lovely! Haha :) glad I could help!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  7. love pink lips, is so pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for your comment!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  8. Love Sleek and now need to get my hands on this!! x

    Lauren | What Lauren Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Would love to see your opinion on it if you do get it!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  9. That literally is the most perfect pink, ah it looks so pretty! I like the Sleek Blush in Life's a Peach :)

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I will have to have a look at that blush because I'm obsessed with them at the moment :) love your blog by the way so you have a new follower!

      Sarah x

      Delete